You are fantastic and even implemented this on the last day of the year. Thank you for your service – I'm glad to say the problem is solved. All datasets were successfully copied, renamed and stacked on one output volume.”
TelTape for z/OS
Compliance. Migration. Consolidation.
TelTape is a flexible, easy-to-use tape utility, which includes an ISPF user interface, support for tape management and library management systems, and automation capability.
What’s in it For Your Company?
- Exploit new technologies such as new model virtual tapes by copying catalog-, expiry-date-, cycle-, etc. controlled tapes to new volume serials.
- Fast copying: TelTape for z/OS uses EXCP to copy by block, not by record; – you can run multiple copies concurrently.
- Improved Productivity: Avoid waiting for unavailable tapes to be mounted – off-site and out-of-library tapes are deferred and identified on a special report.
- Versatile License Options: Rental or permanent
- Customized services available
- Cost Effective tape migration option in your tape system upgrade bundle
Why You Need a Migration Tool
- You are implementing new tape technology
- You have datasets that are not automatically migrated
- You need to move a substantial amount data in a consistent way
- You have a mixture of file formats
- The integrity of your tape management system is critical
- An audit trail is required
- Comply with data security access rules
- Data integrity – Exact byte for byte copy of original data
- TelTape preserves the data’s original creation date, jobname, owner ID, etc., across the migration
- Why is this important? You maintain tape management system integrity
- Audit trail shows what was done, before and after picture, can be retained for 7 years
Cartagena is ready to help you implement TelTape
for z/OS with a variety of related services
- Software Installation
- Implementation and Tailoring
- Assessment, projection
- Project Management
- Testing, Monitoring, Reporting
- Custom or escalated Enhancements
- Deal with Exceptions